Saturday, February 1, 2014

Makeup of the Day! Using Urban Decay Naked and UD's 15th Anniversary Palette










Using Urban Decay Naked and UD's 15th Anniversary Palette :) (hate taking pics of myself but I need to start getting used to it! Haha!)

Start of with a Eye Primer, I used UD eye shadow Primer (Original Formula, in purple tube)
With a tapered blending brush, use Naked (Matte Cream Nude)  and blend into the crease, from the outer corner of the eye to the inner corner. Make sure to focus on the crease. Then take Buck (Matte Orange Brown) and do the same thing again....this will add more depth to your crease.

**Note**I have Asian eyes, or should I say FILIPINO eyes, I do not have a monolid, however, my crease is not that pronounced to where you can see the depth of my crease. I have a fold but not the crease if that makes sense. So with this I have to bring up the eyeshadow color a lot higher than my normal crease so when my eyes are open you will see my eyeshadow. So if you have the same problem, go a bit higher with your crease color...you will know how far by opening your eyes after each layer, and that will determine whether you need to go higher or STOP! Please do not bring your CREASE color all the way to your brow bone, that will not be a cute look! haha!

Ok back to the tutorial...With a flat shader brush take M.I.A (Shimmery Brown Taupe) and pat it all over your lid, focus more on the outer 2/3rds. Then with your tapered blending brush take a little bit of BUCK and blend MIA and the crease color together ....keep blending till you like the transition of the two colors. Next, with a small flat shader brush, take DEEPER and apply it to the inner 1/3rd of your eye and use the edge of that brush to blend it into MIA.

To deepen the look and give it a more smoked out look...take BLACKOUT (Matte black) and using a Pencil brush, focus on the outer V to deepen the look of your crease. Once you get the intensity you desire, use the same brush you used for MIA and pat a little more on your lid and with a clean blending brush, blend BLACKOUT and MIA together. Blending only where the two colors meet.

Go ahead and use the Blending brush with BUCK and blend the crease area where you added BLACKOUT.
Alrighty...let's highlight the brow bone with Virgin and finish off by putting on eyeliner, I used the L'Oreal Slim Eye Liner pen 12 hour, applied my falsies. and then line the bottom waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 in ZERO.


**Do you wear contacts? Well I do, and from my experience UD 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner is the only Eyeliner pencil that doesn't give my contacts a foggy smudge mark after I apply it. The Milani Liquif Eye in Black, did that ALL THE time. No matter how I applied it. Whether I set it with eye shadow...or anything! NO BUENO, I love the consistency of that eyeliner, but not when I'm going to be wearing contacts. Note: I wear Acuvue Oasys Contacts.


















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment